Freelance comic service
I help people to bring their comic ideas to live, or provide you with comics about a specific subject. If you have an idea that you want to see in a comic or you want something to spice up your magazine or website, look no further. I take your idea and make it into a professional comic, ready for either digital or printing use. My specialties are comics about the gaming industry and funny comics.
- unique content no one else can offer
- opportunity for community building
- attract new customers
- possibility of going viral with a digital comic
All of these will help you gain more customers and keep your existing customers happy and subscribedn which in turn generates more business for you.
When you come to me with an idea, I will:
- Turn your idea into a comic script
- Develop your comic as a thumbnail for approval
- Develop your comic as a sketch for approval
- Finish up the comic by inking and coloring and adding the letters.
- Your comic will be ready to use in either a digital environment or as print.
When you don’t have an idea, but want something about a specific subject, I will:
- Do all the above steps, but I will figure out the right idea for your needs and turn that into a comic or illustration for you.
I work with a flexible formula that changes depending on several factors. Some of these factors are:
- complexity of the drawings
- length of the comic
- whether or not new characters need to be designed
- color or black and white
- amount of research needed on the subject
This also depends on several factors. Depending on the complexity of the idea, how much people, objects, text,… you want in the comic and the level of coloring required. Here are some estimations of workhours for different comics:
Full page comic:
This usually means an A4 standard sized comic, consisting of between 4 and 8 panels. A comic like this can take up to a week to complete.
Strips usually consist of a single stroke of panels, ranging from 1 to 4 panels. These can be done vertically or horizontally and take anywhere between two to 4 days to complete.
A single panel cartoon can be delivered within 24 hours.
The time taken to do an illustration is impossible to predict without knowing what you want. A simple illustration can be done in as little as 2 hours, while a very detailed illustration with lots of characters, a detailed background and full shading can take up to 20 hours or more to complete. For an estimation of your idea, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you with an estimate as soon as possible.